Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Princess Grace!

On Grace's actual birthday, she was treated to all sorts of girly fun.  We started off with an appointment for ear piercing, followed by a manicure, a visit from family and friends, and ended the day by preparing for the par-tay!

Here's my big girl on her big day.


Grace has been talking about getting her ears pierced for months.  Since I had my ears pierced for my 3rd birthday, I thought it would be a neat birthday present for Grace too.  I have to admit though, I didn't really think she'd go through with it.  She is a self proclaimed drama queen, so I figured the preparations that take place prior to the actual ear piercing would be enough to send her into a full fledged drama-rama followed by an adamant refusal.  Boy was I surprised when Grace sat in the chair and discussed everything from her favorite color (pink - betcha couldn't have guessed that!), to her silver sequined sneakers, to her princess party.  She sat patiently while the ear piercers prepared, and then didn't shed a tear as the earrings went in!  As she looked at her new jewelry clad ears, a huge grin spread across her face.  She actually squealed with delight when we got outside!


Listening to instructions


There's no turning back now!


Hey, that stung!


I love my new earrings!!!

After lunch at Grace's favorite place, Chick-Fil-A, she and I headed to the nail salon for a "Ladies Outing."  Miss Sassy got up in the chair by her self and acted as if manicures were part of her daily routine.


Guess what color nail polish she picked...


Yup, PINK!


Cheeeeese!

Turning 3 = Becoming a Little Lady!  I hope Grace had as much fun as I did on her 3rd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment