Friday, March 8, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

On Valentine's Day, I was supposed to be writing a paper on the Ithkuil language (Google it when you're having trouble sleeping).  But instead, I was watching my Love Bugs scamper and squeal their way through our house on a scavenger hunt to find their Valentines.  Instead, I was having pizza by candle light.  Instead, I was thinking about the ones I love.

This One that I love taught me about being a mother.  She keeps me full of pride over her accomplishments and the compassion that is growing in her heart.  This One loves to read, play outside, and dress "fancy".  This One has hands that are capable of much beyond her years.



This One that I love is full of laughter.  She loves to laugh and make others laugh.  This One is my cuddle bug.  She makes my heart swell when she talks about Jesus and proclaims the gospel.  This One loves to play with baby dolls, be read to, and says she loves me a little more than brownies.  Considering her affection for brownies, I'll take that.



This One that I love is thisclose to being spoiled rotten.  He is babied by his sisters, his grandparents, his aunts and uncles, and maybe just a little bit by his mama and daddy.  This One loves to rub my face as he falls asleep.  He loves to pinch his sisters' legs when he spies them getting dressed.  He loves big trucks, horses, and playing ball.



And, this One that I love: He is my best friend.  My soul mate.  He and I share this life that is so much more than I could have ever dreamed.  I thank God daily that He chose this One as mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment