Saturday, March 19, 2011

Celebrating Turning 4

Dear Grace,

When you said you wanted a princess party (again) for your birthday, I wasn't surprised in the least.  When you allowed me to talk you into a mermaid party with little effort, I was definitely surprised!  I love the way your fourth birthday party came together, and I loved getting to celebrate another year of you, my sassy princess!

Many thanks to Briana, owner of Rockin Cali Girls and mom to 4 beautiful girls for creating the birthday shirt.  The day it arrived in the mail, you were holding it over your head, jumping up and down, and shouting "Woo hoo, woo hoo!"  I consider that a win.

My friend Suzie of Zo-Mak Photography created the invitation for us.  Thank you to Makena and Zoe for sharing their mommy's talents with us. :)  When we picked these up from being printed, you oh so nonchalantly showed all the other shoppers.


The sweet mermaids that adorned your party were created by Toadally Cute Products and were just what I had in mind, right down to the dark hair that matches your's.  





For food, we went with "submarine" sandwiches and chips, "fruit of the sea," "treasure dip," and "mermaids in a blanket."  Yeah, your mama can be corny.  Get used to it.  And since your favorite food group is still sugar, we overloaded the dessert table with cupcakes, brownies, fish shaped cookies made by Southern Girl Bakery, and candy including Swedish fish and octopus sour gummies.




When I decided real goldfish would be sweet centerpieces, I forgot about why I'm not responsible for the pets.  Thankfully, only one goldfish found out why this is true, and Kayla the animal lover took the rest home where they are receiving proper care.


As a thank you to your guests for coming, we put together personalized pails with shovels, goldfish snacks, bubbles, bath toys, squirt guns, lip gloss, and lotion.


My sweet little big girl, I am so proud of you for remembering to thank everyone for the gifts.  


And, thank you for humoring me during picture taking.




I will always remember your mermaid birthday party with a smiling heart.  I hope you had a blast and made fun memories as well!
















1 comment:

  1. love love love love love it all! So much fun :) And glad I was able to contribute a little bit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete