Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Round of "Isms"

I'm trying so hard to write down the especially funny or cute things Grace and Emma Kate say.  I'm sad that writing them down can't possibly convey the expressions on their faces, the tone, or the mood of the situation, but as I read back over these, it brings back the memories and makes my heart smile.

Spaghetti is one of the very few ways Emma Kate will eat meat.  When I told her it was on the dinner menu, the following exchange occured:
Emma Kate: Febetti, yay, febetti!
Grace: No, Emma Kate, It's PUH-sketti.
Emma Kate: Fe-bet-ti
Grace: No, say PUH-sketti.
Emma Kate: PUH-febetti.
Grace: No, Emma Kate, say "PUH" first.
Emma Kate: Puh-first-febetti.


For Mother's Day, Justin took the girls shopping.  When they returned, I was giving Grace (who has just learned about keeping secrets) a hard time asking her what they got, where they went, etc.
Grace: I can't tell you where we went, but I can tell you the charms we didn't get you.
Lo and behold, for Mother's Day, I unwrapped new charms for my Pandora bracelet.  Sweet Grace was so very pleased with herself for not spilling the beans and telling me what they DID get me.

"When I get fru sickin' I won't cough anymore."
"I wish it would quit darkin' so I don't have to go to bed."
"I'm tryin' to pick my up self"  -Translation: I"m trying to pick myself up.  Now, to correctly paint the picture, imagine EK with her arm between her legs standing on her tippy toes. :)
"Mexico don't have sketti."  We were trying to convince Emma Kate that she would find something edible at a Mexican restaurant; remember her spaghetti infatuation.
     All by Emma Kate, age 2 1/2


Watching coverage of the Royal Wedding:
Me: Look, Grace, there's a real, live princess!
Grace: Oh, like me!
Yes, Princess Grace, just like you. :)

Out of the mouths of precious babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment