Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reece - 6 months

Dear Reece,

You turned 6 months old on February 21, 2012, and with a bang, I might add.  We spent your half birthday with a 102 degree temperature and a double ear infection.  Luckily, the month leading up was amazing.  You have done quite a bit of growing and changing in the last month.  You finally started rolling from your tummy to your back.  I'm not sure what took so long for you to realize you had that little skill, but now that you do, it's made my job a bit more detailed.  You don't stay on your activity mat any more, and you can't be left unattended on beds!  You also started baby food.  You love carrots, sweet potatoes, and all fruits, but you aren't a fan of green beans - those are promptly spewed back out of your mouth.  I have learned that I can sneak them in as long as you taste sweet potatoes first.  You have really discovered toys this month.  You love anything with lights and music, and anything you can put in your mouth and gnaw on, really.



We also had your baby dedication at church.  This is our way of making a public proclamation that we will teach you about Jesus and do our best to raise you according to God's will. 




It blows my mind to think that half a year has passed since your whirlwind entrance into the world.  I can't believe that just 6 months ago, I didn't realize how much I wanted a little boy.  6 months ago, I was worried that Grace and Emma Kate would still be upset about not getting a baby sister.  6 months ago, I went from envisioning a lifetime of pink and frills to embarking on a life of a mixture of the best of both worlds.  In these 6 months, you have gone from a teeny peanut of a newborn to a chubby baby who is learning and growing at the speed of light.  Your personaility is revealing itself daily, and this bond that I see forming between you and your sisters is when I realize what a gift you 3 are to each other.  In 6 short months, you have captured all our hearts and got us wrapped around your little finger.  We all love you more than we could have ever imagined, and can feel that you feel that way about us too.



Happy half birthday!




Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment