Saturday, January 23, 2010

We've Been Invaded!

They're everywhere!  They're on pajamas, tiaras, books, stickers, furniture, dishes, and various toys in our house.  Every parent feels my pain, I'm sure.  Licensed characters are running rampant in my house.  It's not like we did it on purpose either!  I think there's some sort of character element that gets absorbed by osmosis.

It started with the Disney Princesses.  My girly girls love their beauty and their magic.  First it was a sticker set here or a sippy cup there, but by now we've collected a princess arsenal that would make it through the roughest times.  Since the girls, Grace especially, have just started enjoying tv (she wasn't still enough to watch tv before), they haven't yet been introduced to the princess movies.  Though their discovery of tv has catapulted us into character zone and made me totally eat my words about a character free life.  We'll just file this under "Never say never."

Cindrella, Snow White, and the gang still reign supreme, but are now accompanied by the likes of Sesame Street, Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, Dora, and Super Why.  Our tv watching is dictated by a couple of toddlers.  Emma Kate even yells "Melmo!"  every time she sees that loveable red fuzzy puppet.  And, I'll admit, I'm drawn to the character merchandise in stores and have found myself singing "We're not too big and we're not too tough..." and "Dora Dora Dora the explorer..." on more than one occasion.

Here's a glimpse into the character madness.

Dora and Tinker Bell Chairs

Santa got in on the Princess action with a riding toy and shopping cart

  

 We even go to sleep with Princesses on our pajamas
 

And after 1 shot, they caught sight of Wonder Pets on tv and the glazed over look appeared

Oh, the torture we put ourselves through for our kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment