Sunday, April 24, 2011

An Easter Prayer

Dear Grace and Emma Kate,

Today we celebrated Easter.  We've hunted eggs, perused Easter treats, and gussied ourselves up for Easter pictures.  Those are all fun Easter traditions.  But, I want you to remember they are just that.  Traditions.


 The real reason we celebrate Easter is because of fulfilled prophesies.  Because of an empty grave.  Because Jesus died and was resurrected.  Because God loves you so much that He allowed His only son to be crucified so that through His glory, you could receive His free gift of salvation.  That's right.  Because of YOU.  Even 2000 years ago, you were planned, thought about, and loved.


One day, when the time is right, you will have the opportunity to accept Jesus' free gift.  I know this because Jesus offers this gift to everyone.  I pray that you will accept it and embark on the most wonderful journey of your life.


I could not begin to count how many times I've prayed that prayer.  I started that prayer before you were even conceived, and now, each night before I go to bed, I lay a hand on each of you and petition to God that it is in His plan for each of you to have a sincere relationship with Him.


My sweet girls, you will make many, many decisions in your life, but this decision to trust in Jesus is by far the most important.  I pray that you will realize the joy, peace, and celebration that can only come from Jesus.


For now, we will partake in these fun traditions, and I will try to teach you as much about the true meaning of Easter and Jesus as you can understand.  For even now, Jesus rejoices each time you pray to Him, sing to Him, and worship Him with your words, songs, and actions.


Remember that Jesus loves you so very much and wants to have a close, personal relationship with you.  Jeremiah 29:11 tells us For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Happy Easter, Loves.

1 comment: